Message from Patricia Geraghty, Coordinator of Religious Education
Firstly, I sincerely hope you are taking good care of yourself and your families and all are coping as well as can be expected. There have been no religious education classes or on site activities due to the trying circumstances we are all facing. I have created some art with encouraging messages to display in the windows of the nursery and the RE classroom at church. The messages state “Keep Safe”, “Practice Joy”, “Kindness Matters”, “Keep HOPE Alive”, “Look for Beauty Everywhere”, and “STAY SAFE and STAY SANE”. I also have placed some of the painted rocks from our “Spread the Joy” project on the steps of the church and near the church to lift the spirits of anyone who happens to pass by.
Here are a few suggestions to help keep your spirits up:
- If you like meditation, Ferry Beach, the UU Conference Center in Saco, ME, is offering a weekly meditation for the month of April, go to http://ferrybeach.org/meditation.
- You could also go to uua.org and click on the weekly inspiration found at Braver Wiser
- Seek out moments of joy whenever you can.
- Look for signs of spring; budding trees, blooming flowers and return of migrating birds.
- Be open to moments of humor in the midst of these difficult times.
- Let us continue to look after ourselves and each other and please keep safe.